Thursday, March 5, 2009

Concept for portfolio.

The concept that I thought to use was a map of "localism" which is the one factor I love about radio (such as AM and FM). It stays within your community, helps with local events, gives you traffic and weather, and news about your neighborhood. Music is generally categorized too, and different areas have generally, a tendency to have multiple stations with the same format (or slight difference). For instance, in Hamilton, NJ, we get Q102 and PST which are pretty much CHR or Hit music with each station have a slight twist. We also have 94.1 and 93.3 which plays rock, but different kinds of rock.

What I want to do is map out the 4 or 5 biggest media markets, and categorize my work by what cities they are. If the biggest media markets are too close together, maybe I'll just do a West Coast city, 2 East Coast cities, and like a popular southern city.

I think that it will give me a way to organize my promotions for the formats of stations that they were intended and also give away the point that I love local radio. I like all different kinds of genres and I think that this will give me an opportunity to experiment with different styles of what my voice can do for copy, promotions, and airchecks.

No comments:

Post a Comment